Buy gauze compress? For optimal wound care!
With this sterile compress you can cover a wound and in combination with a bandage it is very suitable for applying pressure. Apply the compress to the wound to cover it, then apply a bandage or tape to keep the compress in place.
Why order gauze compress?
- Produced from high quality cotton
- Most commonly used compress for minor wounds
- High absorbency
- Degreased and Bleached
- Folded without fraying
- Breathable sterile gauze
What is a gauze compress used for?
The gauze compress is mainly used for small wounds. The non-woven bandage is used to cover wounds, fix wounds or as padding material. Use sterile gauze to protect the wound from bacteria and debris. This compress is extremely suitable for use in medical institutions such as general practitioners and hospitals.
For burns & abrasions it is best to use the Alukompress or Non-adherent compress.
The wound dressings are packaged sterile and are available in various sizes. In the world of First Aid & Company Emergency Response, the gauze compress is also referred to as a wound compress, gauzes, sterile gauze or wound gauze.
What is a gauze compress?
A gauze dressing, also known as a wound dressing, is a versatile dressing used for wound care and first aid. The gauze dressing consists of several layers of soft and absorbent material that absorbs moisture and protects the wound against dirt and bacteria. Gauze pads are available in a variety of sizes and packaging formats, making them suitable for a variety of wound sizes and locations.
How do I use a gauze compress?
Using a gauze compress is simple and effective:
- Cleaning the wound: Before applying the gauze pad, gently clean the wound with a disinfectant or other suitable cleaning agent.
- Applying the dressing: Gently place the gauze dressing on the wound, making sure it completely covers the wound.
- Securing: Securely secure the gauze pad with an adhesive plaster or an elastic bandage so that it does not shift or come loose.
- Wound care: Regularly check that the gauze pad is clean and dry. Replace the compress if necessary for optimal hygiene and healing.
When is a gauze compress sterile or non-sterile?
A gauze dressing can be either sterile or non-sterile, depending on its use and wound care requirements:
- Sterile gauze dressing: A sterile gauze dressing is used to cover clean wounds, surgical wounds or wounds that are prone to infection. Sterile compresses are individually wrapped and free from microorganisms, making them suitable for use on sensitive wounds.
- Non-sterile gauze dressing: A non-sterile gauze dressing is usually used for cleaning wounds, applying ointments or other medications to the skin, and for general wound care. Non-sterile dressings are suitable for use on superficial wounds that are less prone to infection.
For optimal wound care and hygiene, we offer high-quality gauze compresses, both sterile and non-sterile. Our gauze pads are soft, absorbent and easy to use, making them an indispensable tool in any first aid kit. Order your gauze compresses now and ensure effective and comfortable wound care!
- Size: 8.5 x 5 cm
- Contents: 10 pieces
- Material: 100% cotton
- Compress is degreased and bleached
- High tensile strength
- Sterile packed per piece
- Soort Kompres
- Aantal lagen
- Delivery Time
- Ordered before 17:00 is delivered the next day.
- € 0,00 - € 9,99
- 10 pieces